Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Online Interview

This week I was able to practice and online interview. It is a very different interview experience than having a normal meeting or even a phone call, so it was nice to be able to practice this before I had to do it in a real interview situation.

My partner was very good at giving feedback. One of the things he suggested was including an interesting or distinguishing factor in my “tell me about yourself” so that the interviewer has something to remember me by and make me stand out. That is something that I definitely want to incorporate in my future interviews. I also feel like I could be better at using the PAR stores as the format for answering the questions. It is easy to tell about experiences but if feel like using a PAR story just gives the interviewer a better answer than just an experience. It is something that I need to be better at preparing beforehand because it is hard to think of a PAR story on the spot. 

A few things that I felt were helpful that I had done for this interview was making sure to answer questions and to use the same wording on my resume as listed in the job description. Having questions makes you seem like you have prepared for this interview and that you are really interested in working with the company. Also, using that same wording make it easy to identify if you are a god candidate for this job.

Overall, I feel like I learned more than I thought would and I would definitely say it was a beneficial experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment