For class this week, we had our individual presentations
conference. It was a good experience to practice presentations where we are
heavily graded on how we give the
presentation as opposed to what we
give the presentation on. I really had to remember to be more aware of what I am
doing because there are a lot of things that factor into a presentation besides
just the content. It’s good practice because all of those things of how we give our presentations is what
can make it successful or not.
I do wish that I could have gone the second day though, because
I feel like I could learn a lot about presenting from watching my classmates. There
were so many good presentations! I loved all of the creative hooks and interesting
ways to remember the topics. I think that a good hook is one of the most
important things of the presentation because if you don’t hook your audience,
then they aren’t going to pay attention to you and it doesn’t matter what you
do during the rest of the presentation if they aren’t listening. But overall, I
feel like everyone did such a great job at doing that. Because even though some
of these topics are not the most interesting to talk about, I was still engaged
during all of the presentations.
Next time I give a presentation, which will probably be in
the class, I want to makes sure that I am sending out all of the right
nonverbal cues to keep the audience interested. It is an important part of
presenting that I don’t usually focus on, so I’m glad that we do that in this
class!
Here is a link to a blog that has some good tips for non verbal cues during presentations. Enjoy!
You did a great job! You really set the bar for all the other presentations. I can totally understand how going first is nerve racking but as you do more and more presentations, you will always get better and better.
ReplyDeleteI agree with you about the nonverbal cues. Good nonverbal cues make a big difference in how your audience receives your message. Your presentation was great by the way! Thanks for the post.
ReplyDelete