Friday, October 3, 2014

I Love to See the Temple

My Favorite Temple: Washington DC
This week, on Tuesday, was my ward temple night. This week was pretty busy and wasn’t sure if I would be able to get everything done in time, but I decided that I was going to make going to the temple my priority. I hadn’t been to the temple in months, because at home, the closest temple is a three and a half hour drive away, so I didn’t go at all over the summer, but now that I am here in Provo, Utah, I don’t have any excuse. And I am so glad that I took the time to go on Tuesday. It was a great experience, but I have to say that it wasn’t all smooth sailing!

When we got to the temple to do baptisms, there were so many people there … In fact, they ran out of baptism suits and we had to wait just to even get dressed. And then we were singing in the waiting room for hours before we were able to actually do the baptisms, but what amazed me was that I didn’t ever get annoyed or impatient. I still had lots of homework that I had to do that night and it was getting late, but I never felt stressed – it was great! Usually waiting would bother me, but I just felt peaceful the whole time I was in the temple, which was such a blessing. The temple really does have a different spirit and it is so wonderful.

Another thing that made this trip so great what that I was able to do a friend’s family names. It makes a difference when you know a little bit about the person because it is easier to visualize them and how they must be feeling. And my friend had found so many interesting stories! She told me that she had originally thought that all of her family history work was done, but when she sat down to do some research, she was able to find lots of information that she didn’t even know was missing. It was inspiring. I have always thought that all of my family history work is done too but now I’m not so sure …

So this week I have been inspired to go to the temple more often and to try and find more family history information. I have been hearing a lot about temples and family history work in church and in the General Women’s Broadcast, but I haven’t done anything about it until this week when I decided that I am going to change that! I can wait to see what I can find!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for your comments and testimony of the temple. It really is true that once we are inside, we don't stress about the outside world. I personally learned a lot during General Conference about how to better my temple experience. The more we go, the better it will become. I know that's true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comments on the temple. My wife and I try to attend the temple every week and we have both noticed that we feel less stress as well. We also have seen that we function more in harmony and have more peace in our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Going to the temple is great. I know that it is something that I take for granted sometimes, and I'm trying to change that. Last year I was called to teach Temple Prep. in my ward. Up till then I hadn't frequented the temple near as often as I should have. I started attending more regularly and my testimony of the Temple has grown so much. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete