This week, I am really loving technology. I’m enjoying all
of the amazing ways there are to connect with people! Right now, my family
lives in Pennsylvania, my brother in the Mexico MTC, and my mom is on vacation
in Italy. But because of FaceTime, texting, Snapchat, Facebook, and email, I get
to keep in touch with all of my family members no matter what part of the world
they are in. It is amazing! I get to be a part of my family’s life even when I am
across the country. I feel the same way about keeping in touch with friends;
even though I don’t get to see them often, I still get to talk to them and know
about their lives.
| My Bunch of Crazies |
It’s amazing how different life is because of technology. My
parents always point out that when they went to college, they didn’t get see
much of their younger siblings, and that was something that I was worried about
when I first came to Utah. My siblings are pretty young, and I didn’t want them
to completely forget about me when I went to college. That’s why it makes me so
happy that I can still talk to them. My baby brother can remember me and I won’t
be just some picture on the wall of that girl that shows up around Christmas time.
So I guess that the take away from this is that you can
always connect with people, you just have to make a little bit of effort. If
you read my post last week, then you know that networking has been on my mind.
What better way to grow my network than through technology! Keeping in touch is
now easier than ever, so there is no excuse. Thank you technology!
It sounds like you got a pretty good grasp on technology, just from looking at your blog. It looks awesome by the way. I am super grateful for technology too. When I was on my mission I was so worried that everyone I met would be lost to me, but thanks to Facebook we are able to stay in touch. I don't know what you are studying but being able to use social media is super useful and can benefit your future a ton.
ReplyDeleteI am sure glad that we can connect to people on the other side of the globe or someone ten feet away in a matter of seconds. My mom lives a couple of mile away, it is far away enough that I cannot see her or my brother as often as I like but we always facetime and text which is great! it's like having them right next to me. This article is very relevant in today's context and something most people around the world can agree on.
ReplyDeleteI totally agree! Technology is so helpful. It helps in so many ways, from family relationships to professional relationships. We have the capacity nowadays to keep in contact with people that we would lose otherwise. I served my mission in Russia and in order to keep in touch with the people I knew I use Facebook. If we didn't have facebook and email, I would lose contact with those great people. We are so lucky to live in such a great time with such opportunities.
ReplyDelete