This week, my friend showed me this amazingly inspirational video. It’s a little long, but if you have the time, you should definitely watch it!
This video is a good reminder for me. I think that it can be easy to get into the routine of life and not be aware of everyone else around you. Like the video says, our default setting is to think that this is “all about me,” and what I want.
I think that it is especially easy for me to fall into this mindset while I am at college. I am here to get an education for me and the have fun for me. The only person I have to take care of and be responsible for is me, so it is easy to get caught up in that. That is one of the differences I really noticed when I went home this summer, how different life is when I live with my family not just me. I’m not to only one I have to take care of.
And so one thing that I really want to work on is to just be more aware of all the people around me. The video says, “The capital T-Truth … is about the real value of a real education which has (almost) nothing to do with knowledge and everything to do with simple awareness.” Becoming aware and choosing to reach outside of myself is something that I want to learn while I am here at school. Getting an education is not only about getting a degree, but also about learning how to live life. And I want to have that.
No comments:
Post a Comment