Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Did You Think to Pray?

This past week I have heard so much about remembering to say morning prayers, which is always something that I have had to work on. When I was younger, my dad would always help me by singing the song “Did you think to pray?” and he is not a very good singer, so that was always a funny but good reminder. Unfortunately, I don’t get that here now that I am at college.

My Friend Emerson 
Before this week, I was trying to get better at remembering but without much success … Then I started getting all of these amazing reminders throughout the week! 

In my D&C class, my professor told us that we need to make morning prayer such a priority in our life that we would never even consider leaving our apartments without saying morning prayers first. This really helped me to think about the importance of saying morning prayers.

Then, when my visiting teachers came on Sunday, they also talked about prayers, and how we can use them to get our daily guidance from the Lord. They also talked about praying to help remember to say prayers, which has really been helping.

I also got a letter from one of my best friends who is on a mission right now. We used to text each other every morning to remind the each other about morning prayers, but now that she is on her mission, we can’t really do that. But in this letter, she wrote this cute little poem and drew a picture that I now hang on my wall to remind me to say morning prayers.

So this week I have been pretty good at remembering and it has made a difference in my day. I want to be better at remembering all the time, and this week has been a good motivator for me to keep up with it!

1 comment:

  1. Morning prayers are amazing and so important. I always feel better when I remember to say them! I have also tried singing the song to myself to help me remember :). By the way, do you have Brooks for D&C because he totally talked about the same thing last week!

    ReplyDelete