Friday, September 12, 2014

About Me



So I’m actually stealing this idea of introducing myself from someone else’s blog … I thought it was a great way to start it off. Sorry if I stole your idea, but isn’t imitation the sincerest form of flattery? I hope so because I’m definitely being a copy-cat here.

Anyways, I’m Valerie Atkinson and I am from Doylestown, Pennsylvania, which is about 45 minutes north of Philadelphia. I was actually born in Boise, Idaho (side note: I LOVE Boise State football) and then I lived in Washington DC for eight years before moving to Pennsylvania.

I hope to study accounting, but I won’t apply to the program until the end of this year. I didn’t always want to be an accountant. My dad is an accountant, my mom has a degree in accounting, and my grandpa was an accounting professor as Boise State. I was mostly opposed to the idea of being an accountant because it seemed like everyone in my family was doing it, but I decided to take the first accounting class just to try it out. As it turns out, I found out that I actually really enjoyed it! Imagine that! So that’s how I decided that I wanted to become an accountant. And after having an internship in Philadelphia this past summer, it has gotten me even more excited to start learning more about it.

I also really love playing basketball and volleyball, even if I’m not that great at them. I do have a pretty nice height advantage though, which can definitely be a big help! I also enjoy reading, being outside, and going places. Can’t wait to see what this semester will hold for me!

1 comment:

  1. Valerie,

    New callings can be quite the experience to push you out of your comfort zone.
    Remember that the Lord qualifies those whom He calls, and that He will provide you with all of the spiritual gifts that you need--including communication skills. Keep us posted on how this new calling with help you to stretch and grow!

    ReplyDelete