Thursday, December 4, 2014

Remote Meeting

Group projects have lots of pluses and minuses. It is nice to be able to divide up the work and share ideas but it is very difficult to find times when everyone in the group can meet together. With so many different schedules, it is hard to coordinate meetings where we can all be present. So out of necessity, our group has had a couple of meetings where we have had people Skype in. It is not as easy as it would be if we could actually meet in person, but it allowed us to still get things done even when we are in different places.

Google Docs were also very helpful in compiling and organizing our ideas. We were able to see what our other group members had written and get a general idea of what we should write. Although it was not perfect and we still had to do a lot of group editing, it was nice to have all of our information in one place where everyone can access and see it.

So despite the difficulties of group projects, we were still able to get things done thanks to the help of modern technologies. And even though group projects are not always the most enjoyable, I know that I need to get used to working in them because the business world is full of group projects. I want to be a contributing member, so working in group projects helps me to become better.

1 comment:

  1. Great post. I personally do am not a fan of video meetings, there is something invaluable about being with people in a meeting. That being said, I think you made a great case for solving scheduling problems and being a flexible team members, which also add its own great value.

    I hope your projects turned out well and the members of the group felt useful and utilized.

    ReplyDelete